The department Library was initially a set up with a few books, for reference only, contributed by the teaching faculty. In 1993, a fully functional library became operational by procuring large collection of latest books using the fund given by IMPACT project. Separate Lending and Reference sections were opened.
Now, there are over 6400 books bought using the fund from various projects IMPACT, NETWORK and TEQIP. 4700 books are in the lending section and over 1700 in reference section.
There is a separate area for reference with comfortable seating.
Library has access to IEEE journals and Elsevier Science Direct through INDEST Consortium. Computer facility is provided for accessing on-line journals and Internet reference.
Separate reading area with newspapers, periodicals etc. is also available
It was fully air-conditioned and renovated, in 2013, by the generous contribution from department alumni batch of 1983-88. It is dedicated to the loving memory of their classmate Dr. Suresh kumar R. who was also a faculty in the department before he left for research in USA.