Lab in charge:
- Faculty: Ms. Sreelekha.G
- Technical Staff: Mr. Rajeesh P
Details of Labs conducted:
- ESL130 – ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS WORKSHOP – S2 ECE, AEI, CSE, CE, ME, IE, EEE
ESL130 – ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS WORKSHOP
This course aims to:
- Impart skills to plan and carry out simple electrical wiring.
- To identify the basic practices and safety measures in electrical wiring.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS:
1Familiarization/Identification of electronic components with specification (Functionality, type, size, colour coding, package, symbol, cost etc. [Active, Passive, Electrical, Electronic, Electro-mechanical, Wires, Cables, Connectors, Fuses, Switches, Relays, Crystals, Displays, Fasteners, Heat sink etc.)
2 Drawing of electronic circuit diagrams using BIS/IEEE symbols and introduction to EDA tools (such as Dia or XCircuit), Interpret data sheets of discrete components and IC’s, Estimation and costing.
3 Familiarization/Application of testing instruments and commonly used tools. [Multimeter, Function generator, Power supply, DSO etc.] [Soldering iron, Desoldering pump, Pliers, Cutters, Wire strippers, Screw drivers, Tweezers, Crimping tool, Hot air soldering and de- soldering station etc.]
4 Testing of electronic components [Resistor, Capacitor, Diode, Transistor and JFET using multimeter].
5 Inter-connection methods and soldering practice. [Bread board, Wrapping, Crimping, Soldering – types – selection of materials and safety precautions, soldering practice in connectors and general purpose PCB, Crimping.
6 Printed circuit boards (PCB) [Types, Single sided, Double sided, PTH, Processing methods, Design and fabrication of a single sided PCB for a simple circuit with manual etching (Ferric chloride) and drilling.]
7 Assembling of electronic circuits using SMT (Surface Mount Technology) stations.
8 Assembling of electronic circuit/system on general purpose PCB, test and show the functioning (Any Two circuits).
1. Fixed voltage power supply with transformer, rectifier diode, capacitor filter, zener/IC regulator.
2. Square wave generation using IC 555 timer in IC base.
3. Sine wave generation using IC 741 OP-AMP in IC base.
4. RC coupled amplifier with transistor BC107.